Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Creative Advice Wanted


Alrighty.... So I've been editing the Rice Twins' pictures and have come to a hiccup...

Now, as far as my watermark for the one going online, I'm curious if I should use the entire logo, just the text, or just the splash with the "MJ".... Examples:


Text Only

Splash & "MJ" Only

Whole Logo

The past photos that I've done, I've had the whole logo on there... But it is a little bold to have on a photo... so I'm confused. Just from putting them up here, I like the text only one best.... But I also like the thought of using just the "MJ".... Let's see....

"MJ" Only

Kinda looks like I signed it... which I like. *sigh* INPUT APPRECIATED!

Now, there's another question all together... Do I not include the logo and only put a disclaimer....? Sooooo confused. 


Thank You!


9 comments:

  1. I really like the last one, with "MJ" only. Like you said, it looks like you signed the photograph, which I think is a nice touch. It's also unobtrusive and pleasing to the eye, while at the same time still serving as a watermark. That'd definitely be my pick. C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "MJ" one as well. If you are going for a "Professional photographer" look, benchmark on some pro photogs in your area or elsewhere. Google search and look at how they mark their pics. I've seen ones with your first watermark and with the little logo and with something like your "MJ", so I really think it is up to you.

    The thing to remember here is you are trying to protect your work. If you publish something that can be easily modified by someone who is as good at photoshop as you are, then it defeats the purpose.

    Good work kiddo!

    Uncle Justin (From Naples Italy)....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought of this, you may want to use both Option 1 AND your MJ. Option one (MelJean designs across the pic) for your proofs and the "MJ" on the final.. That way you protect AND mark your work. Or maybe use one design, the "MJ" and make it bigger on the proofs.

    My two centavos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of that.... Using the "MJ" on the prints. I just didn't know if I should... Guess I just have to make a decision. lol

      Delete
  4. Th last one looks sexiest, in my opinion. Nice work here though. ;p

    ReplyDelete